Shrimp and Lobster Cocktail with Rose Marie Sauce
1.5 pounds medium shrimp, preferably 16-20 or 20-25 count, peeled
2 medium lobsters, approx. 1.25 pounds each
Seasonings: 1 bay leaf, 12 whole peppercorns, 1 lemon, sliced
2 tablespoons mayonaisse
2 tablespoons ketchup (really, trust me)
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brandy
1 small lemon
- Prepare an ice bath.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil – add seasonings and simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook for 2 or 3 minutes depending on size of shrimp. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and put in the ice bath. Let cool for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Cook lobsters for 10-12 minutes, one at a time. Plunge into ice bath, or run under cool water until they can be handled.
- Combine ketchup, mayo, worchestershire sauce and brandy. Season with salt and pepper, then squeeze the juice of the lemon into the sauce.
- Toss shrimp and lobser pieces in sauce, serve over butter lettuce.