|Chicken Legs and Pancetta over Rosemary Croutons|
Frankly, I've read several recipes from Jamie At Home, and seen eipsode of the TV show, and they frequently make me want to stop what I'm doing and cook that dish. He's got quite a palate and a great imagination for simple but innovative technique - as proven above.
Jamie Oliver's Proper Chicken Caesar Salad
I'm not going to give the detailed recipe for this dish here. The cookbook is newly published, and I encourage you to buy it. On the other hand, you barely need a recipe - especially for the crouton, chicken, rosemary part of the dish. The dressing, well, the proportions would benefit from reading Jamie's book. There's a link below so you can order a copy from amazon.
- About 8 chicken legs
- Enough large cubes of rustic bread to cover the bottom of a roasting pan
- Toss chicken and bread in olive oil and add fresh rosemary leaves. Bake for an hour at 400 degrees.
- Shred chicken off the bone after it cools enough to handle.
- Caesar dressing: anchovies, a small amount of garlic, a liberal amount of high quality parmesan cheese, a good couple squeezes of lemon juice, olive oil in triple the amount of lemon juice. Stir together and season with fresh black pepper.
- A couple hearts of romaine lettuce (or other mix if you prefer).
- Toss all ingredients together. I recommend very lightly dressing the salad to let the other flavors, tastes and textures shine.