Cheddar Horseradish Dip

My friend Brad wants a sardine recipe. Hmm. I don't have one. But I did have fresh sardines grilled, with a grapefruit viniagrette at a restaurant in Houston once - DaMarco. It was awesome. But still, Brad probably won't find fresh sardines anyway.

Brad also likes cheddar dip. Well, now we're talkin. I've made this about 6-7 times. It's got a great blast of flavor, is a little piquant from the horseradish and fresh radishes. Quite unique. You'll like it I'm sure, it's one of my favorites and my guests have raved over it.

Note: It's best to make this the day you're serving it. The radishes will release some liquid. However, if you have leftovers the next day (rare) you can drain that liquid and add a little more cheese to firm it up.

Cheddar Horseradish Dip

2 cups sharp white Cheddar, grated
1/2 cup finely fresh radishes, or more to taste
1/3 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons fresh horseradish, finely grated -or- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish, drained
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and fresh ground pepper

Combine all ingredients and serve with vegetable, crackers or Wheat Thins. Using a mandoline to julienne the radishes will speed this recipe up.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails