Beach Vacation - Rita's Crab Dip

Remember when Rita brought over a warm crab dip? I guess you had to be there. It was delicious and simple. Here's her recipe:

6 ounces of crabmeat
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 tablespoon finely minced onion
1 tablespoon mayo
Tabasco sauce - 5-10 drops.

Warm it in the oven. OK - I forgot what Rita told me specifically. I guess about 350 for 20 minutes. I'd brown the top under a broiler if I had the chance too.

This recipe is so basic, you'd initially want to doubt it. But don't. If you use GOOD crab, it will work. If you're stil skeptical, do this......

- replace the onion with 1 tablespoon of shallot, and a tablespoon of really finely diced green onion.
- cut the cream cheese by 1/3 and add a tablespoon of lemon juice
- add a dash of salt and a good grinding of fresh ground pepper

But honestly, Rita's version is really, really good.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails