- Sichuanese Braised Salmon
- Zucchini with Garlic
- Fried Rice, using flavorful ground turkey from 7/18.
Sichuanese Braised Salmon
- Marinate 1.5 pounds of salmon fillets skin side up in 2 tablespoons XiaoXing Rice wine, 4-6 slices of fresh ginger, 2 chopped scallions and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Assemble sauce components: 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, 2-3 scallions chopped. An a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon xiaoxing rice wine, 1 tablespoon dark soy, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2/3 cup stock, 10 whole sichuan peppercorns, 2 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 1-2 teaspoons red pepper oil.
- Brown Salmon 1 minute in peanut oil, put in 450 degree oven 4 minutes. Remove to marinating plate.
- Start sauce with vegetables, then add liquids and spices. Bring to a boil, add salmon and spoon sauce over salmon. Simmer if salmon or sauce need additional cooking.
Sichuan Style Zucchini with Garlic
- Cut 1 pound zucchini into 1/16" julienne strips using a mandoline. If desired, cut long strips in thirds.
- Sprinkle zucchini with kosher salt and let drain for 20 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon sliced garlic, for 15 seconds. Add zucchini and cook, tossing for no more than 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or chilled.