1 tablespoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup oilive oil
5 pound chicken pieces
1 cup sherry (amontillado recommended)
1. Add S&P to all sides of chicken parts.
2. Soak chicken in sherry for 20 minutes at room temperature
3. Remove chicken and pat dry.
4. Combine oil and spice, and coat chicken pieces.
5. Grill over medium / low heat until dark pieces reach 165degree, breasts 155 degrees. Let stand at room temp, covered for 10 muinutes.
Accompany with Apricot, Date and Pistachio Haroseth, if desired.
1/3 c whole almonds, toasted
1/2 cup pistachios
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/3 cup pitted dates, chopped
1/4 cup sherry
zest of one orange
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspooon cardamom
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1. Add nuts to food processor, to coarsely chop.
2. Add fruits, to coarsely chop.
3. Add remaining ingredients to combine.