|I Guess They Liked the Brisket|
We had a few families over on Monday to celebrate Independence Day.
By the way. Does it drive you nuts when a celebrity on national TV wishes you "Happy 4th of July"? OK. Happy December 25th right back atcha'.
Though our menu somewhat lengthy, any given dish was surprisingly simple in and of itself. Lemon Chive Potato Salad only had four ingredients besides lemon and chive. I tried a Maple Syrup Baked Bean approach (my son LOVES beans) from How To Cook Everything that only had mustard and bacon in it besides the beans and syrup. Fresh tuna from the keys was prepared several ways, all of which were simple and quick.
Here's the whole menu with links to the recipes if I've already published them. If not, they're coming soon to What Tom Cooked or to Be A Better Cook.
- Michelle Mah's French Onion Dip - from Tasting Table
- Tuna Ceviche Gazpacho Style
- Seared Tuna Provencal - recipe coming soon
- Spicy Sichuan Seared Tuna - recipe coming soon
- Lemon Chive Potato Salad
- Grilled Asparagus with Citrus Vinaigrette - from Batali's Molto Italiano
- Pimenton Spiced BBQ Brisket
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Smoked Texas Pork Sausage & Pork and Venison Sausage
- Maple Syrup Baked Beans - Bittman's How to Cook Everything
- Fresh Baked Bread