Batali Menu: Ribeye, Grilled Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts Mushrooms and Pancetta

Here's just a tease, the menu from a great, great meal, with recipes and inspiration from Mario Batali. At this point, I can't even remember whether the signature recipe, porcini crusted ribeye, came from the Babbo Cookbook, or Molto Italiano. I think the former. But it was one of the most incredible steaks I've ever had.

The only downside is a 24-hour marinade / dry rub application. But I did a side-by-side comparison, cooking one steak immediately, and letting one sit for 24 hours. You want to invest that time.

I'll publish my interpretation of Batali's recipe this week, but for now consider this........

Grilled Porcini Dusted Sweet-Spicy Ribeyes
Grilled Rosemary Potatoes
Brussels Sprouts, Crimini Mushrooms and Pancetta

If you're a regular reader, you'll know that I rarely prepare (and even more rarely eat) dessert. I prefer a nice glass of aged Caribbean regional rum on ice as a dessert. My favorite brands are Ron Anejo Pampero Aniversario and Diplomatico Reserva Exclusivo, both from Venezuela, and Rhum St. James Hor's d'Age from Martinique. 

In all candor, this 'dessert' is a perfect match for this menu. I highly recommend it. 

 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails