- A twist on Shrimp Cocktail, with Rose Marie Sauce
- Improved recipe for Braised Carrot and Parsnip with Shallots
- Lightly Smashed Root Vegetables with Orange
.....and the FIRST LEFTOVER TURKEY SOUP I'VE EVER BEEN PROUD OF!!
Really, no matter how good the stock is, no matter what choices I've made in veg or grains or pasta, no matter the technqiue, I've never ever been excited about my results with a "leftover" turkey soup. Some have been good - but none have ever been excellent, until yesterday. Here's the recipe:
Rich Turkey Soup with Sherry
1 to 1.5 pounds leftover turkey meat, roughly torn or cut into 1-2" pieces
1/2 a large onion, chopped finely
3 medium carrots, in 1/8" sliced rounds
4 medium garlic cloves, lightly smashed and skins removed
2 quarts rich brown turkey stock
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 sprigs fresh, or 1.5 teaspoons dried tarragon
1/3 cup dry sherry, such as Amontillado or Fino
- Saute onion, carrot and garlic until slightly softened. Season lightly with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add stock and herbs, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, check seasoning and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add sherry and simmer 2-3 minutes.