We got in the mood for some Mexican tastes, so I consulted Rick Bayless' recipes online. EVERY single recipe I've made from him (about 10) has been incredible. Here's what we had:
Dishes (Clockwise from top-left): Queso, Grilled Chicken, Creamy Chicken,
Pickled Onions, Tuna, Tortillaa. Mushrooms in center
- Bacon with Carmelized Onion and Sun-Dried Tomato Queso Fundido
- Fresh Flour Tortillas
- Tuna in Jalapeno Escabeche
- Grilled Chicken with Escabeche Sauce
- Creamy Chicken and Greens with Raosted Poblano
- Pickled Onions
- Stewed Mushrooms with Onion and Garlic
Tuna is a very good dish that I've made before. You won't believe how it developes a sweet/sour flavor, not just spiciness. Cut jalapeno / liquid in half to make a mild version. Maybe a good topping on crackers for cocktail hour.
Creamy chicken was the clear winner. Incredible tastes, nice spice. Used leftover cubes of chicken breast.
All recipes are available on Rick's website: www.rickbayless.com/recipes